A Brief Introduction of Electric Gate Valve
Definition of Electric Gate Valves
Application Scopes of Electric Gate Valves
The disc of an electric gate valve
is the wedge disc which moves in the direction perpendicular to the direction of flow. Since the gate valves
can only be fully opened or closed, it is not adaptable to regulate the flow throttle. One wedge disc is comprised of two sealing faces. As the most commonly used wedge disc valves' sealing surfaces form a two-wedged shape. The angles of the wedge vary with valve parameters and it is about 50 degree in general. Most kinds of gate valves are sealed by force, relying on external ram pressure to force the wedge disc towards the valve seat to ensure the sealing of the sealing surface when the valve is closed. The electric gate valve is driven by electricity with flanged connection generally and with welded connection sometimes.
An electronic gate valve is adapted to pipes whose pressure is PN10 or size is between DN50 and DN600 to get through or cut off mediums in the pipes.
According to different materials, different types of electric valves are suitable for different mediums, such as water, steam, oil, nitric acid, acetic acid, oxidant, etc. It's typically applied to petroleum, chemical, natural gas, petrochemical, chemical processing of coal industries, etc.
1. Pack the inspection certificates and marks of electronic gate valve parts with valves
2. Inspect valve parts including corrugated lines on horizontal plane of flanges, flange sizes, materials of valve parts according to the standard. Assemble if all parts are qualified.
3. Double-check and optimize both principal fit dimension and roughness of valve part.
4. Paint the screws of electronic gate valves with high temperature anti-seize lubricant
5. It is necessary to install a hand wheel to test the working condition of electronic gate valves before installing electric actuator. If the hand wheel operates smoothly, then you can start your electric actuator installation test: adjust its travel switch to the condition as same as the fully opened and closed conditions of valves.
Differences between Electric Butterfly Valve and Electric Gate Valve
1. An electric butterfly valve is a quarter-turn valve, rotating from 0 to 90 degree. It has both excellent fluid control property, small size and low cost.
2. As a valve of linear motion, electric gate valves have valve cores moving up and down, which enables to be worked as block valves. It is big and expensive.
3. At high temperatures, an electric butterfly valve works badly since there are not wear-resistant. The electric gate valves are used to keep mediums including particles inside, and also suitable to work under high temperature.